Completed the midterm yesterday night. It wasn't hard but it was somewhat unexpected. Because professor Heap did not provide the format of the midterm, I was expecting the history section to be in form of multiple choices because there wasn't any detailed information about the history of computers in the lecture notes. However, it turned out to be two short answers. I could confidently answer the comparison question between tubes and transistors, but for the other question, I jotted down what I could. Binary calculation and the Boolean logic questions were easy. I was ready to breeze through it. By the time I reached the last question about DrRacket commands, I was little bit confused of what the professor wanted as an answer, but eventually, I figured out. While I was furiously writing down the answer to last short answer question, I saw professor answering a lot of questions related to Boolean logic questions. I thought they were really easy but I guess many people were confused because AND, OR, and NOT was combined altogether. I remember I was confused first when I did the practice test that professor upload. After some time, I figured out why the answer in the practice test was the correct answer. That helped me a lot at understanding how to Boolean logic questions worked. In the end, I thought I did pretty well. Probably a grade of A because I didn't do well in history questions.
The lecture about algorithms were very interesting because I was never aware of that. I was also surprised at how detailed the algorithm commands had to be in order for a machine to perform a certain function and why programming an AI was extremely difficult. I didn't understand half of what the professor was doing with DrRacket. Need to review.
Overall, test was well done and lecture was intriguing.
I'm glad that the practice test helped with the logic. You seem to be a pretty serious student.
답글삭제